According to ESPN, L.A. Chargers’ running back, Melvin Gordon said via his agent, Fletcher Smith that he will only report to training if he receives a new contract. Smith also added in the said statement, “Gordon did not want to go this route, but because of the lack of progress in negotiations and the offers the Chargers made this offseason, they felt it necessary to voice their displeasure in an effort to reach a more satisfying outcome.” Win extra and win double with 12BTi Sportsbook! We have unlimited cashback up to 1% every Tuesday. Place bets in as much as you can to claim your rewards!
Chargers’ $5.6 million contract for the 26-year old NFL superstar is set to its last year and there are no reports yet from the management if they will renew it or will go for a trade. Asked if they can still make it without Gordon, Chargers’ brash edge rusher, Melvin Ingram said, “We’re the team to beat in the NFL, not just the AFC West– it’s the NFL.” Gordon recorded a total of 1,375 yard from scrimmage, 14 touchdowns during the last season, while he managed 69 total yards in both L.A.’s playoff games and topped with 1,000 rushing yards in his first 4 seasons. He also scored 114.6 scrimmage yards per game last season which is the best in any Chargers player since LaDainian Tomlinson with 121.8 in 2007. The
Chargers with Gordon finished 12-4 during the regular season last year, trying for AFC’s best record. They also averaged 26.8 points per game, tied for sixth in the league, 6.3 yards per play, and No. 3 in the NFL. Meanwhile, its rival, the New England Patriots dominated the offseason match in all aspects, recording a 38-7 lead until Chargers responded with some garbage-time points 41-28. Given the unimpressive stats last offseason, the Chargers has to be firm in defeating opponents and must create a game plan before hitting the ground next season. In any case business will not bring Gordon back; the rest of the Charger veterans should display talent and strength to get the NFL dream. The Chargers still has an advantage with Bosa and Ingram at defensive end while Davis as a linebacker, and Derwin James and Adrian Phillips at safety along with cornerback Casey Hayward and Desmond King in the secondary.
Defensive co-captain and nose tackle, Brandon Mebane told ESPN, “The main thing for us is to just be smarter.” Team player Derwin James also exclaimed, “I feel like we have to come out and play. We have to put it on film and come out every week with the mindset that we’re coming to win. If you win games, you can win a championship.” The Chargers are scheduled to report for camp July 24. Get more than sports news and updates because if you register an account here at 12BET, we can give you more than you venture. Visit us for more upcoming promotions and rewards only for you!