Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright expressed that Diego Costa’s refusal to return to training is disgraceful.
The Spain striker was previously given some time off while Chelsea squad went to Cobham for preseason training last month. The English giants expect 28-year-old footballer to resume training and be physically fit so he could be up for selection in the next matches, since Costa is still under contract with the team.
Apparently, Costa claimed on Sunday that he has been told by the Premier League champs to return already and train with the reserves but has not come back yet.
“I don’t understand how players can get away with that behavior,” said Wright and later added, “It’s disgraceful the way he is behaving.”
“Surely he’s got to come back here, so if the manager changes his mind he’s there. He’s earning a fortune at Chelsea. Can Atletico Madrid even afford him?”
Also, according to reports, the Blues have sanctioned Diego Costa for failing to show up. He is given a fine amounting to his two weeks’ wage.
Meanwhile, Conte’s men will travel to Wembley Stadium for a domestic league match against Tottenham (check out the best betting odds) on August 20, Monday.
Photo Credit: espnfcasia