12BET (Sports News) As frustrating as it may seems but Gareth Bale will need to take a rest for four months after suffering from a serious right ankle injury that he get in their match against Sporting Lisbon in UEFA Champions League. The Welshman will be undergoing a surgery on Tuesday, and recovery process will make him miss their upcoming games in all the competitions that he is into. Test has shown that Bale had a traumatic dislocation of the peroneal tendon in his right ankle.
Operation will take place in London, and the risk of him missing an important game for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Republic of Ireland on March 2017 is at its peak.
He will also miss their important fight against Barcelona, which worries Zinedine Zidane side since they only hold a four point deficit against their rival. His men will surely exert more effort in order to keep the top ranking spot away from their contenders.
Chris Coleman’s Welshmen are currently on third and they will be in badly needed for points if they want to make it in the most prestigious competition. The 27-years old forward is the game changer of the said nation and losing him will really create an effect in their performance.
He had a total of 20 appearances for both his club and Wales national team, scoring a total of 11 goals so far.
With the lost of the said player comes the challenge for both Real Madrid and the national football team of Wales to change their tactical play. The biggest challenge now is the impact of Bale being ruled out of the tournaments that he is into. One thing is for sure a lot will be waiting for his fast recovery to see him play once again in the field.
Photo Credit: Sky Sports